Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Had To See It Twice


Monsters VS Aliens

So I have a big WOW on this one. Totally took me off guard. From the beginning, I found it intriguing, with the little twist away from the classic childish ways of the computer graphic cartoons we have grown to be accustomed to seeing. In fact, other than occasional slap stick humor, I wouldn't even label it as a "kid" movie. Most of the jokes went way over my little sister's head (and she's pretty smart for a 12 year old) and I even had to ponder on some of the vague references. FYI: it wasn't until my second viewing that the random cow being helicoptered by triggered memories of the "feeding" on Jurassic Park.
All in all, great film, animated very well and cleverly written. Though the kids I saw it with spent most of the time with confused looks on their faces, I was thoroughly entertained and that is what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment