Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, What Will You Do Next


Public Enemies

Ah, and here he is yet again. The actor with the most serious Identity Crisis I have ever seen. Atleast in this one, he had less makeup and no sequins adorning his costume.
Enough railing on the man, let's talk about his latest flick. Who doesn't like a good gangster movie with an old fashioned gun fight? That's why I raced to see this one, only to have one word railing through my mind as I exited the theater: DEPRESSING! Anyone who's anyone knows of the notorious John Dillinger and is well aware of his demise. I personally didn't need to see two hours of film leading up to it. "You just don't know a good movie when you see it!" is what I'm blasted with, but truth be told, I go to be entertained and when I know the ending before five minutes of the movie has passed, my criteria for being impressed moves up a step. Unfortunately, this one didn't make it up that high. As far as Johnny's part; eh, I'm sure seeing him as the Mad Hatter in the next film will show him as the actor he truly is at heart. Besides I think Bedazzled outfits are what suits the man the best. My biggest question is: when are we going to see another pirate movie?
I'm sure this film will be plastered over many movie award ceremonies but when it's all said and done, I will not pay to own this.
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment