Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just cause it's Christian Bale, doesn't make it right


Terminator: Salvation


I have to say, for one of my favorite current actors, this brought him down a notch in my view. All special effects aside, they could have replaced the ending with the ending from the original movie and no one would have been the wiser.
As far as our cinematically saturated hero, Bale: his muffled voice heard over an old army radio has more presence in the film than the man himself. Am I sorry I saw it? Well, that goes without saying: of course I'm not. It's the finale to a classic American Film series. I think any movie enthusiast should see it just because. And that way we can add it to the ever growing list of finale flops that have been bombarding our Theatres. This, my friends, can be placed in line with the final Indiana Jones, Rambo, and a plethora of others that just weren't worthy of their predesessors. My last word: watch, don't buy.
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment