Saturday, October 3, 2009

New Jet Li Movie?!?! Where, When??


The Warlords

I guess it's almost unfair to review this film because it's inevitable that I will be biased seeing as how Li is one of my all time favorite actors, But what the hey, here I go with my attempt to look at it objectively.
First off, it premiered in 2007, but new to me because to my knowledge, it never opened in the US of A. I'll start by saying, you must have a pallet for foreign films because it is not in English and it is formulated in the classic dramatized film making ways of the orient. Much like "Curse Of the Golden Flower" it takes a long time to say anything in this movie.
Set in the ancient times of the orient, when nations were easily torn in conflicts, Jet Li stars as a once great general who strives to obtain his former glory through insurmountable means. It's a classic battle of morals and filled with honor amongst men that seems to be completely foreign to our own American movies. Without ruining the end, You will be surprised to see an unforeseen hero arise. All in all, though my draw to this movie was a film star, I was highly pleased with the film in itself and I deffinately will be getting my copy shipped from overseas. Kudos not so much to the man, but to the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment