Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bloody Hell, Harry, You're Getting Old!!


Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince
As we watched the movie, my wife asked me "They're still in school?" A valid question I guess, seeing as how Harry looks about old enough to be married, but that's another subject. On to the movie!
Well, I guess the mystical wonders and and magical creatures have to be left behind so we can get down to the nitty grtty as our favorite boy wizard approaches the end of his movie trail. This movie does not hold the awe and wonder of some of the previous films, but it is necessary to leave some of those things behind in order to wrap up the elongated plot line that have been building over the last five films. Though sobering, it was a good continuation of the story and I enjoyed it none the less. My only complaint is towards the emphasis the film had on the affections and relationships of the characters. I think it would have been just as good without the teenage drama. Other than that, I am anticipating a great final film to come (the next is the last, right?) and will be adding the Half Blood Prince to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment