Monday, February 22, 2010

The Aliens Are Coming!!


District 9

This movie was not at all what I expected. In fact with the vague previews and confused first viewers, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I will start by saying, I got the feeling that writers were bitter about the condition of the human race, portraying us at our darkest state of being. But I was surprised by the body to the plot; the story was intriguing and kept me watching. The documentary style beginning seemed weird at first but actually added to the realism of the situation and the film. I do wish however, that they swayed from the realism enough to leave us with less of a pathos ending. If it wasn't for that, I might be drawn to see it again. Bottom line, this is a recommended watch, but not an "own it" movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment