Monday, February 22, 2010

LIES!! ALL LIES!!!


The Invention of Lying


Ok, I saw the previews for this movie and had high hopes for side splitting moments. But, I regret to inform my readers that I reached for the remote in temptation to stop the movie multiple times. Yes, it was THAT bad. First off,; someone should have explained to the writers that not being able to lie and verbalizing every little thought in your head, no matter how absurd or vulgar are not the same things. And then there is the ever touchy subject of how far is too far when it comes to the religious content in comedic form. The premise of the movie is that The character could say anything he wanted and he was believed because everyone assumed it was true. So in a moment of panic, he "made up" God to make the gullible masses "feel good". If that wasn't enough, the pizza box ten commandments pushed it to my limits.

I have to admit , this didn't even qualify as one of those: "I laughed, though I probably should have" movies. The humor was dry and repetitious at best.

3 comments:

  1. Exactly what movie haven't you seen? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait... by leaving a comment, does that leave me open for an attack from the "movie mob boss?" Say hello to my little friend!!

    ReplyDelete