Wednesday, February 24, 2010

If This One Doesn't Get You.........


Changling

I'll start by saying WOW. This movie proves that Clint Eastwood has found his calling as a great film director. He has taken the pieces of an event and turned it into and award winning (at least I would give him one if I could) film. At first I was swaying from the changling because I am not a huge Angelina Jolie fan, but I'm glad I followed through. This movie was provoking and though it contained little to no action, it had me anxious for the next scene. If it's been said once, it's been said a thousand times, but the basis of a true story is what made this movie because outside of that it is so unbelievable and heart wrenching that it would not draw viewers. Angelina plays a mother of a "lost" child, fighting a system that is so corrupt she can't even get the help she needs to find him. And with her character's soft spoken personality, there were times in this movie when I wanted to stand up and speak on her behalf. All in all, I am glad I watched this, it is DEFINITELY worth watching. Kudos to The old gunslinger for a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment